flow-attribute would return a string, yes. Has been discussed to allow it to return objects, but right now it would be a string.

Regards, Upayavira

Jorg Heymans wrote:
Actually

<map:generate ...>
   <map parameter name="data" value="{flow-attribute:dataobject}">

doesn't work in my case as i need the object as a whole. I don't think the map:parameter syntax allows pojos as values, or does it ?

Thanks
Jorg

Upayavira wrote:

Jorg Heymans wrote:

I see, and then in my generator declaration i would do
<map:generate ...>
   <map parameter name="data" value="{flow-attribute:dataobject}">
?

Is the flow-attribute held in request scope? This data might/will get overwritten with concurrent requests from the same client, which is very possible in my application.

I guess the FlowHelper syntax equivalent is
Object bean = FlowHelper.getContextObject(objectModel) , but i have the same remark here : is the variable stored request-local ?

Yes. Has to be, or everything would break!

Regards, Upayavira