Copy of my answer to your previous posting:

I am using quite the same environment as you do...javaflow, jxtemplates, some custom generators.

Looking around I found no application object, too, but :-) maybe the this concept might help:

Create a "standalone" cocoon independent class, that is responsible for building your items cache. If you implement this class as a singleton it would just act like a application object. I don't think that you need much synchronizing, so it should be no performance issue.. it would behave like the logger.

This class could either recieve events from your database, or a "administration trigger reload webpage", or poll the database every 50 hits for new items...

I don't know how fit you are in java, but that it is not really hard to implement, and I think it should work... although I am not really a java guru yet :-) .

HTH,
tom

footh schrieb:

Does anyone know how to get the application context
from within a javaflow?  I'm looking for something
equivalent to the "cocoon.context" code in a
javascript-based flow.