Our site is very data driven. Because we didn't think it mattered, and it was simple, we designed it so the same pipeline is used for all pages (with a few exceptions). So the sitemap currenlty doesn't know and doesn't care whats public and private. The database contriols what pages are public and private.

We are just now looking into authentication and I am worried that the separation of public and private pages need to occur in the sitemap in order for this to work and therefore, having the same pipeline for both is proving to be problematic. As it stands now, if I was to put an authentication handler around my pipeline that handles all pages, then all pages that match to that pipeline will be treated as private.

I do not know if its possible to use the Cocoon authentication framework and still have the same pipeline deal with public and private pages. Does anyone know?