Joerg Heinicke wrote:
description The requested resource (Servlet Cocoon is not available) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/5.0

Hmm, strange. You probably have to look into the log files of Tomcat now (if Cocoon has not been started there should not be Cocoon logs).

Having tracked down the tomcat logs to /var/log/tomcat5 (thank you Red Hat), we see:

(this was the day before, when I did a build webapp)

INFO: Installing web application at context path /cocoon from URL file:/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon - Reading standard config net/sourceforge/myfaces/resource/standard-faces-config.xml
- Reading config jar:file:/tmp/myfacesnsph7s.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml
- Reading config jar:file:/tmp/myfacesnsph7t.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml
- Error initializing ServletContext
javax.faces.FacesException: java.io.IOException: Stream closed.
at net.sourceforge.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.feedJarConfig(java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)
[snip]
- ServletContext '/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon' initialized.
- The database 'db' root directory has been set to /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/db. Keep in mind that if a war upgrade will take place the database will be lost.
- Database points to /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/db
- Filer 'org.apache.xindice.core.filer.BTreeFiler' is not available
org.apache.xindice.core.filer.FilerException: Error creating SysSymbols.tbl
[snip]
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/db/system/SysSymbols/SysSymbols.tbl (No such file or directory)

And then yesterday when I did a build war:

INFO: Installing web application at context path /cocoon from URL file:/var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/cocoon - Reading standard config net/sourceforge/myfaces/resource/standard-faces-config.xml
- Reading config jar:file:/tmp/myfacesihu7z0.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml
- Reading config jar:file:/tmp/myfacesihu7z1.jar!/META-INF/faces-config.xml
- Error initializing ServletContext
javax.faces.FacesException: java.io.IOException: Stream closed.
[snip]
29 Aug 2005 23:40:04 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - INFO - Loading namespace cocoon configuration 29 Aug 2005 23:40:04 - org.apache.slide.common.Domain - ERROR - org.apache.slide.structure.ObjectNotFoundException: No object found at /actions/read org.apache.slide.structure.ObjectNotFoundException: No object found at /actions/read at org.apache.slide.store.txfile.AbstractXMLResourceDescriptor.retrieveObject() (Unknown Source)

etc etc da capo ad nauseam.

Something's missing but I don't know if it's Red Hat's kludge of tomcat5
or Java. Or Cocoon. Or a mixture :-)

///Peter