AS

Thanks for this... but I am not sure what to do with it?  Do
you suggest I have an extra XSLT post-processing the form?
If so, how and where would I configure it?  If not, what else
should I be doing?

Thanks!
Derek

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2005/12/13 03:12 PM >>>
Experienced the same stupid behavior of textarea in combination with CFORMS.

Quick and dirty solution:

<textarea id="interesses">
<xsl:copy-of select="translate(xpath2yourfield-text, '&#13;', '')"/>
</textarea>

If you don't want to spend much time on it, this solution works, if you do want
to spend time, plz let me know if you find a decent solution

AS

> I have data from a database that I display in a CForm and
> allow a user to update.
>
> The text is displayed in the textarea of a form; when there is a
> long string, the text simply wraps and all is fine.
>
> However, each time a CR is entered from the keyboard then,
> after the data gets saved to the database, an extra CR (&#13;)
> gets added to each existing CR as well, resulting in more and
> more blank lines being inserted.
>
> How do I prevent this happening?
>
> Thanks
> Derek
>

> --
> This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright, terms and
> conditions and
> e-mail legal notice. Views expressed herein do not
> necessarily represent the
> views of the CSIR.
>
> CSIR E-mail Legal Notice
> http://mail.csir.co.za/CSIR_eMail_Legal_Notice.html
>
> CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions
> http://mail.csir.co.za/CSIR_Copyright.html
>
> For electronic copies of the CSIR Copyright, Terms and
> Conditions and the CSIR
> Legal Notice send a blank message with REQUEST LEGAL in the
> subject line to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] .
>

> This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
> content by MailScanner,
> and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec
> Computers for their support.

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice

CSIR Copyright, Terms and Conditions