> Now, if the <map:generate src="somecacheablestuff"/> is cacheable, and you
> make a change to the transformer "some.xsl", this does not make cocoon
> invalidate everything. The part "getCVS" is still valid cached stuff.

Hah, you know, I didn't even think of doing it that way. I'll try
calling an internal pipeline on monday and see what I get. I was using
the <call resource="..."/> tag and, since the entire pipeline is
cacheable, my "longest cache key" was the entire pipeline - meaning
that the resource got called each and every time.

I finally got point caching to work by putting a
pipeline-hint="caching-point=true" attribute on the end of my resource
and then turning off smart caching and autocaching in the point
caching pipeline, but again the solution seems a bit messy. An
internal pipeline (so long as it gets cached) should work much better.

> I don't know if this is your problem or I misunderstood the problem. I don't
> know how cocoon is going to operate against the CVS server, but if it is over
> http, then I think the real hard part of your problem is how to establish
> wether a cvs source is valid/should be invalidated or not.

I've got custom generators and transformers to handle communications
with the CVS server (using Netbean's libcvs), so that won't be a
problem. I've figured out a caching scheme that works for me and key
generation is working how I want it. Luckily we're mostly getting
metadata (rlog, rdiff) about things that shouldn't be changing, so
it's pretty easy to cache it.

Thanks!
Matt