Hi,

I've got an xsp page that I would like to have generate xml that looks like the following...

<root xmlns:foo="http://www.foo.com">
    <data>hello</data>
</root>

Problem is i'd like to have the foo namespace be dynamic, ie: come from a form variable or database or something. I can add dynamic namespace declarations inside the body of the xml document by going

<root>
    <xsp:logic>
        this.contentHandler.startPrefixMapping(myprefix,myuri);
    </xsp:logic>
    <data>hello</data>
</root>

which will add a declaration inside the <data/> element, but any content inside <xsp:logic/> tags that is outside the first non-xsp element will not be executed inside the generate() function, so this technique does not work with the root element.

Is there a way to add a dynamic namespace declaration to the root element of an xsp-generated xml document? I've thought of intercepting the contentHandler and replacing with my own that does a startPrefixMapping() inside the body of startDocument, but I'm looking for something easier first.

thanks in advance,

Simon