Hi Brian,
i think java.lang.reflect.Array.newInstance(java.lang.Integer.TYPE, 0); generates an array of int ( http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/Integer.html#TYPE ), while the multivalued field probably needs an array of Integer, since internally it gets converted to an Object[] array. Maybe with java 1.5 this would be managed by automatic boxing, but i would recommend to use an array of Integer.

This means writing something like var values = java.lang.reflect.Array.newInstance(java.lang.Integer.class, 0); (not sure this works perfectly in javascript, otherwise use Class.forName('java.lang.Integer') instead of java.lang.Integer.class).

Hope this helps,
Simone

Brian Maddy wrote:

Does anyone know how to use the binding framework to set a multivaluefield? My XML file has a string that is comma separated values that I need to load in, but I can't even get a simple array to work. Here's what I have so far:

Form Definition:
       <fd:multivaluefield id="unit_type">
           <fd:datatype base="long">
           </fd:datatype>
           <fd:label>Unit Type(s):</fd:label>
           <fd:selection-list>
               <fd:item value="1">
                   <fd:label>value 1</fd:label>
               </fd:item>
               <fd:item value="2">
                   <fd:label>value 2</fd:label>
               </fd:item>
               <fd:item value="3">
                   <fd:label>value 3</fd:label>
               </fd:item>
           </fd:selection-list>
       </fd:multivaluefield>

Form Binding:
<fb:javascript id="unit_type" path="dev:bldg_amenities" direction="load">
       <fb:load-form>
var values = java.lang.reflect.Array.newInstance(java.lang.Integer.TYPE, 0);
//values[0] = 1;
//values[1] = 2;
//values[2] = 3;
widget.setValue(values);
       </fb:load-form>
   </fb:javascript>

If I set the values variable to null, the form displays correctly, so everything else seems to be working.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!
Brian