Simone Gianni wrote:

Hi Werner,
there is already a patch for this on jira, see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1220 . Sylvain didn't include it because something was missing (see comments on the issue). Maybe you should try this patch, then report your feedback either here or on the issue directly, and we could work to consolidate it, since I also need something similar.

I have seen this patch before, but I was afraid of using it so far. The code does not look bad, so I think I'll give it a try. I don't know why Sylvain think's that it still needs some work, but maybe I'll find out (I have to check the mailing list about this 'validation errors bubbling' issue).

I'm currently using a repeater, followed by a FilterTransformer, but this fetches all the rows from the database (Hibernate) at once, and since the entire repeater is generated also lazy relations are quite useless : all relations are evaluated as well.

Well, I would like to use the repeater for really large tables (>1000 records), so I can't materialize the whole table. I don't have so much RAM :-)

Werner

Simone

werner wrote:

Dear List,

I'm looking for a solution to create a repeater with paging support. The repeater is usually connected to some database via OJB or Hibernate. I think that this is a common problem, so I hope that somebody out there has already done this before ;-)

In short the problems I want to solve are:
- create a DAO that returns only the records that should be displayed
(that's not easy with OJB. looks like there is no real paging support in OJB.
  I don't know Hibernate.)
 the DAO should also return the number of overall records to be able to
 calculate the number of pages
- create a widget that displays the links to the pages (no idea how to do that)

Any suggestions ?

Werner