Hi Mike,
unfortunately binding is performed before (load) and after (save) form
execution, and no relationship between the backend binded bean (or XML)
is kept during form execution.

You can use a couple of techniques, none of them is tidy but they work :
- Add a field to the form, with datatype bean and state invisible, and
either use a binding "." or set it from the flow with
form.lookupwidget('.....').setValue(bean). You can then access to the
bean with a lookupWidget('....').getValue().
- Add the bean as an attribute of the form, from the flow, with
form.setAttribute('bean', bean); The you can access it from everywhere
with widget.getForm().getAttribute('bean');

The second one is the simplest one.

A standard way to access the backend bean/xml from the form data model
has been considered on the dev mailing list a few times, if you have any
idea feel free to :
- Post your idea on dev, motivating why you need it and how you think it
should/could be implemented.
- Try to patch the cocoon form code to implement it, and post a patch on
Jira.

Hope this helps,
Simone

cocoon.erard wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm playing a bit with the <fd:java />-Tag for widget validation. My form is
>binded with a Java Bean and I' try to access from my custom WidgetValidator
>the other fields of the binding class. Is this possible to get the JavaBean
>somehow in the WidgetValidator or do I have to deal with the widgets and their
>values?
>
>I know, it is possible to instanciate the Validator while runtime and set it
>after to the widget, but I'd like it more the other way.
>
>thanks,
>
>Mike

Simone Gianni