I am not familiar with jmeter, but just from client site you can get quite some
information on performance by using solex (an eclipse plugin). Only, solex
cannot cope with sessions, so when sessions are important, I use charles. I
don't know if they meet your wishes.

Furthermore, I don't know what you are querying in your oracle, but if it is
something that for example changes only once a day, you have some caching
mechanism suitable for the job in cocoon. Also when you are having interactive
stuff, with a sql database behind it, you can quite easily cache this. See the
purge-cache at the end of

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/components/1063/g1/939.html

Regards Ard Schrijvers