Marc Driftmeyer napisaƂ(a):
If Banking Institutions are the reason then we should fork the tree to
have two branches ala Firefox.

One that targets legacy systems and the other for moving the system
forward.
There are already two branches! One "2.1.x" and another "trunk". When we C2.2 is out, then we have three branches: 2.1.x, 2.2.x, trunk. Trunk would be used as line for 2.3/3.0 development, there would go stuff like OSGi. 2.1.x branch would be maintain only for critical bugs and fixes but it is what should banking institutions expect. Now, being stuck with Java 1.4 they do not expect it to support annotations in the future. Why they should not go for the same when it comes to Cocoon?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski