On Dec 3, 2006, at 3:29 PM, Dan Hertz wrote:

If I type this in my browser:

http://mytestweb.com/getname.php?name=john

cocoon passes it off to apache (I have a pipeline reader)

OK, so it is Cocoon handling the above browser request? What URI does it use to "pass it off to Apache"?

But if I put that url in a cinclude:

<php-text-here>
   <cinclude:include src="http://mytestweb.com/getname.php?name=john"/>
</php-text-here>

I get this error. Why do I get the file not found error,

IIRC, that means status > 400 returned from the server. If you check the error log of that server, maybe it will tell you what it thinks the problem is.

HTH,
—ml—