Yap, that's exactly what I want.

I want to pass request to another host, which returns xml, which I want to
process (xslt in <map:call resource="check-this"/>).

but when I remove map:act. it crashes with NullPointerException before
calling new host.

<map:match pattern="navigator/callSomething*">
        <map:parameter name="parameters" value="true"/>
        <map:generate src="http://localhost/?{request:queryString}"/>
        <map:call resource="check-this"/>
</map:match>