Hi,

Where do I put that javascript code? I still use cocoon 2.1.4.  width
woody forms.
Is there no other way?

"Robby Pelssers, AGP" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
20/12/2006 12:11
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

<users@cocoon.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: validation

Hi Roel,

you could in javascript ask your form to validate itself....

suppose we have something like

var form = new Form("userform.xml");
var formWidget = form.form;
suppose now your formWidget has a field with id="validationError"

then you could write in your while(true) loop something like

if ("save-data".equals(form.submitId)) {
    if (!formWidget.isValid()) {
        formWidget.lookupWidget("validationError").setValue("There was a
problem validating your form");
    }
}
Cheers,