OK: I've managed to find (I think) what caused this error, but I'm hoping someone
can explain what exactly it means to me:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Pipeline has already been processed for this request

I was debugging some flowscript, and I stuck in a sendPageAndWait() call to a template page to show me some intermediate values. When my values were not showing up, I changed it to a sendPage(). [ I did this because when it wasn't working, I looked at another place where I called the same pipeline and it worked, and there I was calling sendPage(),
so I changed it to follow more closely what I knew was working code. ]

I got the above error, I couldn't figure out what it meant.
I tried a number of things, including stoping and restarting tomcat +cocoon. Eventually, I put back the sendPageAndWait() and it started working again.

Can someone explain what happened and what that message above means ?

-- Steve Majewski - University of Virginia Alderman Library