Schmitz, Jeffrey A wrote:
> My logicsheet function which serves as my generator produces (and
> returns) an xml string.  Why, before it gets passed to my xsl
> transformer are all the angle brackets converted to < and >, and
> is there a way to stop this behavior?

Because your "xml string" is just a text node (a string) inside the xml
document you're generating.  You cannot write literal < and > in xml
text nodes, because they delimit tags, so Cocoon escapes them for you.

The only reason you would need to output literal < and > is to create
output elements, but that is done with <xsp:element> and <xsp:attribute>.
See the samples in src/blocks/xsp/samples/java/

  <xsp:element>
    <xsp:param name="name"><xsp:expr>"P".toLowerCase()</xsp:expr></xsp:param>
    <xsp:attribute name="align">left</xsp:attribute>
    Hello
  </xsp:element>

generates:

Tobia