Hi,

In my application, I have some HTML forms containing lists of checkbox inputs and multiple select boxes. This results in request URIs featuring duplicate parameter names:

e.g.: http://localhost:8888/myapp/processform.htm?par1=val1&par1=val2&par1=val3

If I pass these to my XSLT transformation using <map:parameter name="use-request-parameters" value="true"/>, only the first value (viz. "val1") ends up in my XSLT. This is a short sitemap.xmap snippet:

   <map:match pattern="processform.htm">
     <map:generate src="xml/{1}.xml"/>
     <map:transform src="stylesheets/xml2htm/{1}.xsl">
     </map:transform>
     <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
   </map:match>

So far, I worked around this with client-side Javascript that would aggregate those values for the duplicate parameters into one string, so that only 1 "par1" parameter is passed through:

e.g.: http://localhost:8888/myapp/processform.htm?par1=val1%20val2%20val3

In revising my app (and bringing it closer to unobtrusive JS practice), however, I would like to free that vital part of its fuctionality (form submission) from this client-side Javascript dependency.

My question is: is there a way of aggregating duplicate parameters into one parameter at sitemap level? The scarce posts I came across on this list suggest that it *can* be done (e.g. http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=113474098814411&w=2), but not exactly how... At least, I can't see a solution with my current cocoon knowledge (not much beyond simple pipeline concepts, ie. no flowscript, actions, XSP...).

I recognize this is not strictly a Cocoon problem (and apologize for off-topicality), but hope there may be a Cocoon solution?

Thanks for any reaction!

Ron Van den Branden