hello, i need some advice for my document management application based on cocoon.

i've got an xml-file with the structure
<document>
 <docnorm/>
</document>

Now this file gets loaded into a pipeline with the file generator and transformed in the next step by an xslt-transformer, which contains the following template:
<xsl:template match="doknorm">
      <sql:execute-query xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0";>
        <sql:query>
          SELECT norm_id FROM documents WHERE name = 'test'
        </sql:query>
      </sql:execute-query>
</xsl:template>

All working fine till here, the transformer gets the documents norm id from the database and puts it in the sax stream(?) in the place where <docnorm/> was before. But now in the next step i need this norm_id value in the sitemap for choosing the next transformation file related to the choosen norm. I wrote the following pipeline code, which should be working fine, except from the problem of getting the norm id value loaded as a parameter in there (marked with ???):
<map:select type="parameter">
<map:parameter name="parameter-selector-test" value="???how to get norm id in here???"/>
  <map:when test="2">
<map:transform src="userfiles/common/xsl/gbrief2pdfDIN676A.xsl" type="xslt">
    </map:transform>
  </map:when>
  <map:when test="3">
<map:transform src="userfiles/common/xsl/gbrief2pdfDIN676B.xsl" type="xslt">
    </map:transform>
  </map:when>
</map:select>

I found some similar entries by searching the mailing list, but nothing clear that was useful for me so far. I hope i explained my problem clear and somebody can help me with it, as it is the last piece of my application puzzle :)

greetings Sebastian