Andrew Chamberlain pisze:
> Hi All,
>
> Just wondering if anyone can help.  As part of a service I'm
> constructing, I need to send an XML request to an external service by
> HTTP Post.  For this, I'm looking at using the CInclude transformer, but
> all the examples I can find seem to use a parameter to pass the data,
> rather than sending it as part of the payload (which the external
> service expects).

What do you mean by "part of the payload"?

> Has anyone managed to do this, or am I looking at the need for an
> external Java class?  Any advice/ideas would be much appreciated.
>
> I'm using Cocoon (2.1.10) under JBoss (4.0.5 GA).

When it comes to 2.1.x version, I think you will have to extend CInclude
transformer or write your
own. Sébastien Geindre has asked question about similar functionality yesterday
but he uses Cocoon
2.2, that thread[1] may be helpful for you to get an idea what Cocoon 2.2 can
offer you in regard to
this.

If you want more help you will need to tell us what kind of data do you want to
POST and where it
comes from. Switching to C2.2 is also worth consideration if your project is in
early stages of
development.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/users@cocoon.apache.org/msg39591.html

--