On 17.10.2007 9:02 Uhr, Luiz Antonio Falaguasta Barbosa wrote:

On the other hand, the newer office productivity file formats are all
XML-based (both OpenDocument and that other Microsoft equivalent) and
Cocoon excels at handling XML.

Yeah man! That's point for me now!
My client told me that I can consider the usage of Office 2003 for the
users. So, all the office types are XML-based, right?

Are they really? Isn't there still the binary Excel format and a second XML-based one? I'm absolutely not sure, haven't worked with it myself. Just what I "heard" ...

Joerg