Actually there is 3 office file formats:

   * pre office 2003 : binary format, cocoon has a serializer for excel
     via gnumeric xml.
   * since office 2003 : pure xml format, cocoon can handle them since
     its xml, but I don't know framework base on it
   * since office 2007 : xml packaged with binary auxilary files as a
     zip, again cocoon can unzip, them use all xml files (just like
     openoffice)

Best regards,

Luiz Antonio Falaguasta Barbosa a écrit :
Yeah, I am not sure.

Somebody told me that it should be created in a XML-based way with the version 2007, but I thought it would already be in Microsoft Office 2003 version.

When you say: "binary Excel format and a second XML-based one", are you telling that we have a binary format (that we visualize with a notepad editor, for example), right? But, what about a "second XML-based one"? You want to say that into the binary file, is there a XML-based file?

If, is it, I only would like to work with it to do that steps that I mentioned.

If anybody could tell me if Cocoon is the better tool to do this, and if Office 2003 really work with XML-based, I would thank you. I just have to handle with all that file types, but I don't know if Cocoon can help me and the fact of Office 2003 work with XML-based files is better or not. It seems that is better.

Thanks in advance!

Luiz

On 10/17/07, *Joerg Heinicke* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    On 17.10.2007 9:02 Uhr, Luiz Antonio Falaguasta Barbosa wrote:

    >> On the other hand, the newer office productivity file formats
    are all
    >> XML-based (both OpenDocument and that other Microsoft
    equivalent) and
    >> Cocoon excels at handling XML.
    >
    > Yeah man! That's point for me now!
    > My client told me that I can consider the usage of Office 2003
    for the
    > users. So, all the office types are XML-based, right?

    Are they really? Isn't there still the binary Excel format and a
    second
    XML-based one? I'm absolutely not sure, haven't worked with it
    myself.
    Just what I "heard" ...

    Joerg

    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>