Have you created a project before?

e.g.

mvn archetype:create
 -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon
 -DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-22-archetype-block
 -DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0-RC2
 -DgroupId=com.mycompany
-DartifactId=myBlock1 This will created the project hierarchy as well as a valid pom.xml file.
after that you should be able to execute mvn eclipse:eclipse.

greets, harald

Robin Rigby schrieb:
I have follwed the Getting Started Guide as far as Using the Reloading
Classloader [1].

----

I move to getting-started-app/ and invoke mvn eclipse:eclipse. I get
"Cannot execute mojo: eclipse. It requires a project with an existing
pom.xml, but the build is not using one."
Am I in the wrong directory or have I missed an opportunity to create a POM?

----

Also:  the current version of cocoon-maven-plugin seems to be 1.0.0-M1, not
1.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT.

Also:  throughout the Getting Started Guide, it is sometimes not clear in
which dirctory I should invoke the various mvn commands.  It becomes sort of
instinctive after a while but only _after_ I have got started.  :-)

Thanks

Robin

[1]
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/dev-docs/2.2/maven-plugins/maven-plugin/1.0/1