David Legg wrote:
Hi Fawzib,

The main overview of Cocoon 2.2 can be found on the apache web site. [1]
Read it, didn't saw anywhere how to install it.
You should also take a close look at the section titled 'Your first Cocoon application using Maven 2' [2]
I did, I was looking for a sample using eclipse and the maven plugin. I guess I have to install the console version of maven, right?
Cocoon 2.2 is radically different but I definitely think it's worth it. The fact it uses Maven and Spring and makes a decent attempt to modularize are reasons enough for me to update.
I don't mind it being different, the problem is no documentation on how to do things (or if there is, I can't find it) and I can't even figure out how to install it.
Keep in mind that you no longer get a bucket-load of examples ready to run once you have built it and the documentation is still very fragmentary at this stage. I wonder why the version number went from 2.1 to 2.2 when things have changed so much?
Well a wiki on how to get a basic cocoon 2.2 environment working in eclipse would be useful. I have an application working in cocoon 2.1 (some ServletGenerators, StreamGenerators, Actions,...) and want to see how to start moving things to the new version.