Robin Wyles wrote:
Hi,

When developing using the RCL it seems that after I update any file that triggers a reload (e.g. sitemap) any references in my Java code to objects stored in the current session result in a ClassCastException. Debugging shows that the object is still there in the session after the reload, and it is of the correct class, so does anyone know why I should get this error?

The object that you put into the session is loaded by one classloader and then after a reload you cast it using another one.

This seems to be a bug in the reloading classloader or the way how we use it. Unfortunatly I haven't had the time yet to create a test case that demonstrates the problem in an isolated environment so that the Commons JCI guys can have a look at this problem (if it's their problem).

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member, PMC Chair        [EMAIL PROTECTED]