Yes, this is correct. Cocoon 2.1 was based on Avallon. Spring is definitely a much better option. There is a tutorial for version 2.2 with a Spring example. But be carefull, if you follow the tutorial, you will have a very buggy example. (But a working one!)

Pierre-Yves

Earl Lewis a écrit :
Ahh... I think I've started to answer my own question. The Cocoon 2.2 site has plenty of references to the Spring framework. However, the Cocoon 2.1 site, which is what I've been using and therefore referencing for most of my research doesn't mention Spring at all. The Cocoon 2.2 site clearly states that Cocoon is a "Spring-based framework (since version 2.2)". I assume this reference to "version 2.2" is talking about the Cocoon version. Is that correct? Earl

*From:* Earl Lewis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Sent:* Monday, March 31, 2008 8:42 AM
*To:* users@cocoon.apache.org
*Subject:* Confused over Coccoon vs. Spring

I'm pretty new to the whole Cocoon thing. I've known about it for several years but just implemented an instance for some testing. I've been reading a few things that are seeming to mingle Cocoon with the Spring framework. Can someone give me a quick overview of the differences or relationships between these two? Is there any relationship between the two, besides that fact that they are both Java based frameworks? I've been to both project websites and not found anything on either one that helps clear up this question for me. Any pointers to documents that might help me sort this out would be appreciated as well. Thanks. Earl