Hi Derek,

a few things come to mind:

- Might there be a firewall in between of which the settings changed?
- You JDBC connection pool is full?
- Did you try to put the log level a bit higher to see what the database connection is doing?
- What cocoon component are you using to connect to the database?
- Are you able to restart the application, to do some testing?

Regards,

Jeroen Reijn

Derek Hohls wrote:
Using Cocoon 2.1.8
I have an app which has been working fine... up to now.
I am now in a situation where:
* the "plain" pages on the website (ie. not accessing the
database) display just fine
* I can access the database from a 3rd party tool (the
MySQL Query Browser) without any problems
BUT I am unable to retrieve any database data via the
interface... the browser simply shows me its hourglass
and there is no further response.  I have looked at the
Cocoon log and the Tomcat log but even the URLs do
not show up in these.
Any ideas on where the bottleneck might be occurring
and how to overcome it?
Any help is much appreciated! Thanks
Derek
--
This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers <http://www.transtec.co.uk/> for their support.