Jeroen

1. AFAIK there is no firewall - at least, the app has been working on
an internal server (port 8080) which has been accessible up to now.

2.  I thought of this one too - and realized I was not sure (a) how to
check if it is actually full and (b) what/how it gets full (c) how to ensure
it does NOT get full in the first place - I had thought that each user who
logs on to the system gets one connection, but now I am thinking that it
might be each single SQL request that adds to the pool ... in which case
I will need substantially more than the present limit of 50.

3. The log level is at INFO - shows all requests including WARNING and
ERROR.

4. The MySQL JDBC connector.

5. I have been waiting for the restart by the server admin... but I was
concerned because I do not know _why_ this happened (this type of
problem has never shown up in 8 or so years of using Cocoon!)

Thanks
Derek

>>> On 2008/05/07 at 03:39, in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jeroen Reijn
>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Derek,

a few things come to mind:

- Might there be a firewall in between of which the settings changed?
- You JDBC connection pool is full?
- Did you try to put the log level a bit higher to see what the database
connection is doing?
- What cocoon component are you using to connect to the database?
- Are you able to restart the application, to do some testing?

Regards,

Jeroen Reijn

Derek Hohls wrote:
> Using Cocoon 2.1.8
>
> I have an app which has been working fine... up to now.
> I am now in a situation where:
> * the "plain" pages on the website (ie. not accessing the
> database) display just fine
> * I can access the database from a 3rd party tool (the
> MySQL Query Browser) without any problems
>
> BUT I am unable to retrieve any database data via the
> interface... the browser simply shows me its hourglass
> and there is no further response.  I have looked at the
> Cocoon log and the Tomcat log but even the URLs do
> not show up in these.
>
> Any ideas on where the bottleneck might be occurring
> and how to overcome it?
>
> Any help is much appreciated!
>
> Thanks
> Derek
>

> --
> This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions,
> e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.
> The full disclaimer details can be found at
> http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

> *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>,
> and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers
> <http://www.transtec.co.uk/> for their support.

This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail
legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard.
http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

and is believed to be clean.  MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their
support.