The linked sample is nice, and basically exactly what I am looking for.

I have already searched on http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/ on how I can etablish a database connection. You need an entry int your web.xml and in your cocoon.xconf for example. Where is the cocoon.xconf in 2.2? Where can I define my datasources? Where can I get the code of the sample?

Johannes

Derek Hohls schrieb:
Johannes
Good question! The "official and best" way is to use Hibernate and Spring; this will, IMO, mean writing *lots* of code. You can use flowscript instead, for simple cases, but be warned that many here will point out the potential flaws in this approach. In the 2.1.x series of Cocoon, there was a sample that showed this approach:
eg. see
http://cocoon.jsp-servlet.net/samples/blocks/forms/
and look for "Database access".
I am not sure if you will be able to replicate this in 2.2? Derek >>> On 2008/06/06 at 10:05, in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>, Johannes Hoechstaedter <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
Good morning Bng,
I know, cocoon is based on spring. But isn't there another possibility
with cocoon blocks only? There is this database-block. What it is good
for, when I have to write my own spring application? I want to write as
less code as possible.
Johannes > Johannes -- you may want to search for tutorials on using databases with

--
This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers <http://www.transtec.co.uk/> for their support.