On 16.07.2008 16:23, Nick McDonald wrote:

I'm using <map:read> to send a file. I use cocoon.sendPage() in my flowscript to initiate the transfer; once the transfer is complete, I need to "return" to the flowscript and possibly perform some additional actions, depending on whether the file was successfully transferred.

As it stands now, the additional action gets executed regardless of whether I cancel the download, it fails, etc. Is there anything I can do?

I don't think you can really do something about it. A failing download might end with an exception on the server as well which you can handle. But whether a file was downloaded completely or the download cancelled by the user ... I don't think you get any information about it from the client. Also you don't know what the user does with a downloaded file anyway.

Only approach that might work is via "taking control" of the download on the client via JavaScript, maybe the Ajax libraries provide such support. Then you react from there. But everything that's related to uploads or downloads is often restricted for security reasons.

Joerg