Actually, I could agree with that, although there are other choices - such as
having GWT use JSON objects.  As I reread your comment it occurs to me that you
are actually agreeing. Using Cocoon to generate and process XML is what it
excels at. Feeding that XML to a UI component is certainly a great way to use
Cocoon. But there are better choices now other than having Cocoon manage the
whole web page or site and dynamically generate the page content.

Ralph