On Dec 19, 2009, at 6:07 AM, Andre Juffer wrote:

> kue...@trustable.de wrote:

I don't think there is necessarily a one size fits all. In addition, my primary
job isn't doing web gui development so I don't keep up on all the latest stuff.
I know that the developers I work with have become very fond of GWT in
conjunction with Spring. What I can tell you is that we have a product that
used to be based on the Cocoon portal. When we realized we were never going to
need to actually deploy portlets in the site one of the engineers wrote a very
small framework that used the Cocoon portal site layout concept but used only
velocity templates to render content. That framework performs an order of
magnitude faster and uses much less memory at the cost of a significant loss in
flexibility that it turns out we don't need.

The point is, Cocoon (and JSF) still have their place - they should just be
used for what they were designed for and only where they provide the most value.

Ralph