> Maybe you can copy paste your dependencies and also the relevant snippets
> from your
> block-servlet-service.xml?

This is the parent pom.xml

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd";>

        <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
        <packaging>pom</packaging>

        <groupId>gti.ffm</groupId>
        <artifactId>getting-started</artifactId>
        <version>1.0.0</version>

        <name>Getting started</name>

        <modules>
                <module>testApp</module>
                <module>samples</module>
        </modules>
</project>

These are the dependencies of the webapps pom.xml

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>gti.ffm</groupId>
      <artifactId>samples</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.0</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

And these are the dependencies in the pom.xml of the first (and only) block:

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
      <artifactId>cocoon-core</artifactId>
      <version>2.2.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
      <artifactId>cocoon-servlet-service-components</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
      <artifactId>cocoon-template-impl</artifactId>
      <version>1.1.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
      <artifactId>cocoon-flowscript-impl</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
      <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
      <version>2.4</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

And here is the block-servlet-service.xml:

<beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans";
       xmlns:servlet="http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/servlet";
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd
                           http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/servlet
http://cocoon.apache.org/schema/servlet/cocoon-servlet-1.0.xsd";>

  <bean name="gti.ffm.samples.service"
class="org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapServlet">
    <servlet:context mount-path="/samples"
context-path="blockcontext:/samples/"/>
  </bean>

</beans>

Apart from the parent pom and the dependency in the webapps pom everything is
just as it came out of the archetypes.

Many thanks!
Jens