I moved the dependencies into the parent pom (and inserted a parent-element
into the block pom). I added the runmode-parameter to the tomcat startscript. I
checked the versions, though they were ok (had seen this issues in earlier
postings). Unfortunately, flow on tomcat still doesn't work (but works on
jetty).

Thanks anyway for having looked into it!
Jens