On 01/14/2011 06:23 PM, Des Magner wrote:
Hi

I want to combine two pieces of XML that gets passed to my XSL
transformation. I have a list of authors that needs only to be read
once. I then have a page to edit different articles and this page must
present the list of authors for selection. But I do not want to read the
list of authors from the database every time an article needs to be
edited. So I thought the best way to do this would be to define a
resource that contains the list of authors and pass this as a parameter
to the transformation for the article edit page as outlined below. Is it
possible to somehow refer to the authors resource where I have placed
the ???.

As far as I know this is NOT possible.

As an alternative, you could include XML file with the authors list into the XML file containing the page that requires editing (or include the XML file containing the page into the XML file holding the authors list), before you use your transformer. The transformer that selects from the authors' node what it needs to produce the proper SQL.

Any help much appreciated
Regards
Des

<map:resource name="authors">
<map:generate src="authors.xml"/>
<map:transform type="sql">
<map:parameter name="use-connection" value="myConnection"/>
</map:transform>
</map:resource>

<map:generate src="article.xml"/>
<map:transform type="sql">
<map:parameter name="use-connection" value="myConnection"/>
<map:parameter name="article-id" value="{request-param:article}"/>
</map:transform>
<map:transform src="article.xsl">
<map:parameter name="authors" value="{???}"/>
</map:transform>

Department of Biochemistry   | Email: andre.juf...@oulu.fi