Hi all,

Again, I'm following the directions at http://cocoon.apache.org/3.0/download.html to create a new Cocoon 3 web application. I've created a Cocoon block for samples, an empty block, an empty Java web app project (which depends on the cocoon block), and a parent module.

Next, I "cd" to the empty web app (cocoon-archetype-webapp) and run "mvn jetty:run".
But I get this error:

[ERROR] Invalid packaging for parent POM org.apache.cocoon.archetype-parent: cocoon-archetype-parent:3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT (C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\c3\cocoon-archetype-parent\pom.xml), must be "pom" but is "jar" @ org .apache.cocoon.archetype-parent:cocoon-archetype-parent:3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT, C :\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\c3\cocoon-archetype-parent\pom.xml

So I look at cocoon-archetype-parent\pom.xml's <parent> element, and it has the following:

<parent>
<groupId>org.apache.cocoon.parent</groupId>
<artifactId>cocoon-parent</artifactId>
<version>3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT</version>
<relativePath>../parent/pom.xml</relativePath>
</parent>

There is no folder at ../parent, so it's not surprising that this is throwing an error. But the 'must be "pom" but is "jar"' message is misleading, if I'm correct about the cause of the problem.

My question then is, what's the fix?
I don't know of any reason why this parent module needs to have a parent. But then I don't understand why I have 4 blocks in the first place, instead of just 1. Can I just delete this whole <parent> element and its children out of cocoon-archetype-parent\pom.xml?

Thanks,
Lars