2013/6/20 gelo1234 <gelo1...@gmail.com>

> OK, resolved the issue. Deleted xslt/ directory :/ and now its starting.
> STRANGE!!

Yeah, computer's stuff. :)

> And also found that more detailed error info about not being able to
> compile XSLT stylesheet was in Tomcat log.
>
> It seems that with C3 <xsl:variables../> cannot be inherited. The error
> said about the same <xsl:variable .../> being defined in 2 different places
> :/
> One place - in main XSL file and other one - in imported XSL file.
>
> While it worked fine in C2.1. I use extensively <xsl:template /> and
> <xsl:variable ../> inheritance, now in C3 it makes XSLT not being compiled
> :/

What version of C2.1 did you use? Maybe old Xalan? I've found the following
note in the Xalan documentation [1]:

"Note that all top-level parameters and variables from all imported and
included stylesheets will be placed as direct children of the top-level
stylesheet in the AST. This done to make global variables truly global and
not just global in the stylesheet where it was declared."

You should avoid duplicate variable declarations, at the end of the page
it's explained how the forward references works. You could extract some
common variables to a XSLT template so you can use several templates
without collision.

 [1]: http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/xsltc/xsl_variable_design.html