Bill Hacker wrote:

We've all been (still are) there w/r the economics.

But when funds are needed elsewhere, and 'run what hardware you have' is mandatory, then DFLY would not be the best choice.

For that to change sooner, rather than someday-maybe, best to leave the 'scarce resource' DFLY dev team to concentrate on current, reasonably-mainstream hardware.

Hard enough to keep up with 5-week/month-old goods, let alone 5+ *years* old.

While completely sharing your point, my opinion is that testing DF on older (or any x86) hardware may help catching bugs that are otherwise hidden. :-)