:I revisited these two kernel files and agree partially with your assessment:
:- machdep.c fixed a missing linebreak; the other change (mc_len) was cruft.
:- ucontext.h contains the protos for the *context routines; they still need
:to be somewhere so autoconf can find them, and I felt that this was the best
:place for them.  The other stuff (uc_flags, UCF_SWAPPED) was cruft.
:
:--
:Matt Emmerton

    Ok, I restored those bits.

    I have implemented the assembly and done some other cleanups and a
    bit of testing.  I am committing the completed work now.

    I have not yet implemented the floating point save/restore.  I will
    check save-used for FP registers and see if I can optimize what gets
    saved.  When switching occurs synchronously I don't think the FP regs
    need to be saved/restored unless the prorgam is compiled to use
    FP regs and general regs so this may be good enough for the moment.

    Switching from a signal dispatch is more problematic.  That almost
    certainly requires FP save/restore.

    Now we need some comprehensive testing with packages that actually
    use this beast!

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>