Ok Matt,

PowerDNS compiles and installs now. Therefore the job is done. Send me your msn or icq so we can discuss transfer of the money.

To Joerg: Would it be possible now to move powerdns-recursor from wip to current?

Petr

Petr Janda wrote:
Matt, are you still looking into this?

Petr

Petr Janda wrote:
Hi There,

Running latest head with libc-only *context function. mtasker test program works, but powerdns-recursor still doesnt compile (even with gcc 3.4.6)

/usr/include/machine/endian.h:70:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
pdns_recursor.cc: In function `void startDoResolve(void*)':
pdns_recursor.cc:563: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `char*'
pdns_recursor.cc:564: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `char*'
pdns_recursor.cc:1139: confused by earlier errors, bailing out

[wrapper.sh] note: The real command line, after the pkgsrc wrapper, was:
/usr/obj/pkgsrc/wip/powerdns-recursor/work/.gcc/bin/g++ -O -pipe -I/usr/obj/pkgsrc/wip/powerdns-recursor/work/.buildlink/include -Wall -O3 -c -o pdns_recursor.o pdns_recursor.cc -L/usr/obj/pkgsrc/wip/powerdns-recursor/work/.buildlink/lib
gmake: *** [pdns_recursor.o] Error 1
*** Error code 2

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/wip/powerdns-recursor
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/wip/powerdns-recursor

Petr

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
:I revisited these two kernel files and agree partially with your assessment: :- machdep.c fixed a missing linebreak; the other change (mc_len) was cruft. :- ucontext.h contains the protos for the *context routines; they still need :to be somewhere so autoconf can find them, and I felt that this was the best
:place for them.  The other stuff (uc_flags, UCF_SWAPPED) was cruft.
:
:--
:Matt Emmerton

    Ok, I restored those bits.

I have implemented the assembly and done some other cleanups and a bit of testing. I am committing the completed work now.

    I have not yet implemented the floating point save/restore.  I will
check save-used for FP registers and see if I can optimize what gets saved. When switching occurs synchronously I don't think the FP regs need to be saved/restored unless the prorgam is compiled to use FP regs and general regs so this may be good enough for the moment.

    Switching from a signal dispatch is more problematic.  That almost
    certainly requires FP save/restore.

    Now we need some comprehensive testing with packages that actually
    use this beast!

                    -Matt
Matthew Dillon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>