On Thursday 11 December 2008 3:57:24 am Kent Närling wrote:
> We have several application that are configured to connect to a webservice
> interface for our server.
> Naturally, it happens that this connection is sometimes configured
> incorrectly or maybe the server is down etc
> Unfortunately, this gives very bad and hard to read errors in the logs!
> (furthermore this is logged inside the MessageSenderInterceptor, is there
> any way to turn this off?)

Actually, it's not logged there.  There isn't any log statements in the
MessageSenderInterceptor.   It's PROBABLY logged in the
PhaseInterceptorChain.    In anycase, you can use the standard
java.util.logging configs to to reduce the logging level for the
PhaseInterceptorChain or similar which should solve that.

> How can we make this a bit more "user friendly"?
>
> I would like to catch at least the following situations and give an
> application generated error message:
> - Incorrect authorization
> - Server unavailable/wrong address
> etc

I THINK with CXF 2.0.9/2.1.3 (might be the latest SNAPSHOTS, don't remember
exactly when I fixed this), when you catch the WebServiceException from the
call, the "cause" will be the real cause (like the IOException) that could be
examined for more information.

--
Daniel Kulp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]