Two thoughts:

1)  Any chance you could use something like wireshark to get the raw byte
streams?   We had one other report a month or two ago about extra bytes at the
end of the message, but no-one could ever reproduce it and the thought was
that the proxy server in the middle or some other wrapper was adding it.

2) You could also try turning off http chunking.   Some older servers don't
properly support it.   Maybe the "0" at the end to mark the end of the chunk
is pushing through to the parser or something.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org