From: David Bosschaert [mailto:david.bosscha...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2009 12:36 PM
To: Malyik József
Cc: Csekő András; users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: Re: help with using cxf-dosgi in a web container.

Hi Jozsef,

I'm copying users@cxf.apache.org as that's a good place to discuss
these questions.

What you're asking should be possible as long as the container that
you're running in registers the OSGi HTTP Service. As you're already
in Equinox I suspect that this is happening already (you can easily
find this out by checking that a service is registered under the
org.osgi.service.http.HttpService interface).

You can configure CXF-DOSGi to use the OSGi HTTP Service instead of
the embedded Jetty server. Doing this should not start Jetty and you
should be using the one provided by your platform. You do this by
setting the org.apache.cxf.ws.httpservice.context property on your
to-be-exported service. See the reference page:
http://cxf.apache.org/distributed-osgi-reference.html or this blog
entry:
http://coderthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/02/distributed-osgi-powered-ajax-webapp.html
for more info.

When doing this you should probably use the multi-bundle distribution.
The CXF-DOSGi binary distros come with their own OSGi HTTP Service
(provided through pax-web). You probably want to remove that bundle
from your installation as otherwise you'd end up with two HTTP
Services in your container.

Hope this helps,

David