Alas, Being operable with the recent versions of .net is not adequate for
me.

I also have to support .net 2005 etc, wcf and other stuff is not enough. Do
you have any information regarding operability for 2005 ?

Also, I have been examining cxf's support, and without using MTOM,
everything is standart base 64, and the data is an inline data within the
element. When using mtom, yes,base 64 is present, and there are not many
differences, except the file is attached using WS-Attachment standards
(please do correct me if I am wrong). The mime type info and other stuff are
really great and useful.

So, if mtom may introduce some problems regarding operability, I have seen
somewhere (could it be jaxws document ? Not sure. Could be web sphere
something.), mtom usage could be optional, meaning that, (if I am not
mistaken) MTOM could be enabled without worries, because not supporting
clients would still use the base64 approach. Is this information correct ?
If thats the case, then no need to worry. But if I misunderstood, then
either two versions of the same web service should be present, mtom'ed and
not, or mtom should be left completely.

Thanks again,
Alp