BeanTypeInfo has a list of element qnames. You want all of these to
have a null namespace, since it's elements, not types, that concern
you. (Keep in mind that Aegis in some cases uses xsi:type, and that's
a whole other subject I'll end with).

Note that BeanTypeInfo has a boolean 'qualifyElements', defaulted to true.

This is set based on the value in the TypeCreationOptions.

So, if you explicitly create the AegisContext and pass it into the
AegisDatabinding, you can specify the type creation options, and turn
off qualified elements.

If you also need to squash the namespaces assigned to schema types
(which would break the use of plain old xs:string) your port of call
is:

org.apache.cxf.aegis.type.AbstractTypeCreator.createQName(Class)

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Eric,
>
> I think that there is a more maintainable solution here.
>
> What you want is to customize the mapping of FQCNs to URIs. I'm about
> to walk out of the house, but when I get back I will re-excavate the
> question of whether there is a class you could subclass and stuff into
> a setter (irish or otherwise) to take control of this process.
>

> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 9:57 PM, Kampf, Eric <eric.ka...@kronos.com> wrote:
>> Hmmm.  If I understand this correctly (and I may not), this would work but
>> it might not be maintainable.  Here's why:  From what I've seen of Aegis,
>> the namespace mappings are specified on a per-object basis.  The objects I
>> am dealing with a fairly complex (i.e. many layers of nested objects) and
>> they are maintained by other developers.  The first object change that did
>> not have a corresponding Aegis config change might break the service.
>>
>> In any case I'll still give this a try.  Hopefully I will find a magic
>> switch in Aegis that simplifies the overriding of namespaces.
>>
>> I'll let you know how it goes.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -Eric

>>> "org.apache.cxf.rs.providers" and list the full name of your custom
>>> provider.
>>>
>>> hope it helps, Sergey
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/trunk/rt/frontend/jaxrs/src/main/java/o
>>> rg/apache/cxf/jaxrs/provider/AegisElementProvider.java [2]