I bet that this isn't good enough for you due to the namespace on the
top level element.

rt/frontend/jaxrs/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxrs/provider/NoNamespaceAegisElementProvider.java

did this much.

I will next look into where that top namespace comes from and what it
would take to get rid of it. I think we are now talking about type
mapping, and we'll need a custom type mapping to fix THAT.