If your main incentive to write a book is financial gain, then I agree with
your comments. If, it's to pool all knowledge in one location then I have to
disagree with you, and I believe that to be the case with most Apache
projects. Take Camel for example, there's a lot of good information out
there, but I still bought the book, and it had a boatload of useful
information. You're also implying that most framework/tech writers are only
in it for the money...

Yiannis