Hi Emmanuel,

It's the order of dependencies and the specification of the start
level that's the issue, right? It should not really be needed to start
bundles in a certain order, but there a number of dependencies of
DOSGi that need to be started in a specific order to work properly.
This is caused by the fact that these libraries are not developed with
OSGi in mind and make certain assumptions about their environment :(

You can also control the start level from another bundle, through the
StartLevel service [1], so you could write a little bundle that sets
the start level for the applicable bundle correctly before starting
them up which would alleviate the need to change anything in a config
file...

On the other hand you might find it easier to us a modified version of
the single-bundle distro. I don't fully remember all the details of
why it's configured the way it is, but if you want you can either
create an alternative single-bundle distro by for your own use based
on the pom.xml that is used by DOSGi [2] or you might want to provide
a patch to DOSGi that works for you and I am then happy to look at if
we can take that into the DOSGi code base... See also the build pages
for more info [3].

Cheers,

David

[1]