Hi,

  Maybe the approach to my problem is driving me to a wrong path. We are in
the process of changing all integration components from EJB2 to Rest. In the
server side when a component exception is thrown I look at the accept header
that was sent by the client to see if the client is a regular web browser or
my rest client. If it was the web browser I render the response as a HTML
error page but if It was my rest client (the rest client accepts
application/xml for regular response and
application/bc-serialized-exception+xml for error response) I render the
error as a xml with the java exception serialized in a base 64 format. In
the server I have a ExceptionMapper that do this exception to HTML or
application/bc-serialized-exception+xml translation. In the client i get the
ServerWebApplicationException and use the method toErrorObject to translate
the application/bc-serialized-exception+xml back into the original
exception. When I discorered the ResponseExceptionMapper that was designed
to do this task on the client side I decided to give it a try, but the
Response object in ResponseExceptionMapper is a InputStream. So the question
about message context was to give a way to acess the Providers instance in
order to query for the responseReader for
application/bc-serialized-exception+xml ( whitch I think will return a
MessageBodyReader for xml). Summarizing the problem: In the
ResponseExceptionMapper I have to translate the exception which is encoded
as application/bc-serialized-exception+xml into the corresponding java
object.
Sorry by the long email!!!!

thanks a lot,
Osvaldo Pina.