Unless you're doing a standalone web service (embedded Jetty using Endpoint.publish()), that will be marked in the web.xml for the WAR hosting your web service provider:
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/ssl_for_web_services

You might be able to do the same thing you're doing below if you host your SSL-enabled services in a different WAR (with the web.xml change mentioned above).

Glen